Performing an Engine Oil Check with Steps from Kearny Mesa Chrysler Dodge Jeep
Here at Rancho Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, when you need maintenance for your vehicle, our service center is here to help you for all kinds of repairs. But, if you want to do some things yourself, that’s encouraged, too. Simple checks like looking at your engine oil levels is a process that anyone can do if they follow the right steps, and we’ve put together a list of steps to follow so you can see if your oil levels are right.
- Lift up the hood and look for the dipstick, it’s usually a different color and easy to spot
- Take out the dipstick, and wipe it down with a towel, removing any oil on it
- Insert the dipstick back in the oil chamber, then take it out again
- Look at the tip of the dipstick and the two measurements, which are lines or small holes usually
- If the oil is close to the higher hole or line, that means you’ve got fresh, full oil
- If it’s at the bottom hole, that means you should replace the oil
- If you need just a bit of oil, you can top it off yourself, but follow your vehicle’s owner’s manual
- For low oil, make sure you come in to our service center and we can perform an oil change for you and make sure everything is functioning properly
Our service center in San Diego would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and discuss with you the various maintenance plans we offer for you, so stop in or schedule an appointment today!