Wheel Balancing and Alignments Are Important for Your Ride
Here in San Diego, CA, it’s important our drives go smoothly. That’s why at the Rancho Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM service center, we stress the importance of regular service, and services that do help your ride go smooth. That includes wheel balancing and wheel alignments, which though different, provide you with many similar features, all of which keep your vehicle going strong.
What is a wheel balance?
- A wheel balance adjusts proper balance of the wheels
- When your wheels aren’t balanced it causes tread wear and the distribution of weight around the tire to change, which can lead to imbalance, causing the vehicle to shake or vibrate
- Wheel balance service uses a calibrated spin balancer, and will test it at moving and non-moving to make sure your wheels are balanced, if they are not, they are adjusted
- Most wheel balancing is recommended every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, or every six months
What is a wheel alignment?
- A wheel alignment will adjust the angle of your car’s wheels to the position that is set by the manufacturer’s recommended specification
- The inspection includes looking at the toe, chamber, and caster, which are the three components that measure wheel alignment. If adjustments are needed, they are made
- If you notice any pulling of the vehicle to one side or your vehicle has recently been in a collision, you should get a wheel alignment
- We also recommend a wheel alignment every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, especially if you drive through pot holes, gravel road, or in many different road conditions
To learn more, stop in and see us or schedule a service appointment today. We’d be happy to answer any questions, and set up a test drive at your convenience.